I had so much fun today with this! I am making fabric postcard Christmas cards to send to our friends and family. You can see a picture of my creative frenzy here. Well, actually, I did clean it up a bit because it really did look pretty messy.
You can see my thread leftovers from machine quilting and embroidery. I save these in my zip-lock bags for future projects along with any snippets of batiks and hand dyed fabrics (anything that looks good on both sides). You can also see my various embellishments like yarn and confetti.
Here's a closeup of the cards. Here's how I did them.
1. I fused a piece of fabric onto Timtex
2. I layed various thread bits and little bits of Christmas fabrics on top.
3. When I was pleased with how it looked I layed some confetti on top. I put some snowflakes, stars and circles on top. You can get these at party stores where they are sold as table decorations..
4. I put a piece of tulle (I used green here) over top to hold everything down.
5. Machine quilt in a random pattern with invisible thread on the top. This is just to hold everything down. I even quilted over the confetti to hold them down and it wasn't a problem.
6. Cut this to 4" x 6" for postcard size.
7. Fuse a piece of muslin onto the back the same size.
8. I zigzag stitched around the edges to seal it all in but there are ther finishing methods.
9. Then I went around the edge again with a loose zigzag to put the finishing fluffy yarn around the edge.
10. Write your address etc on the back and you are finished :)
I hope that you all enjoyed seeing my cards :)
Now if I can just get another 15-25 of these done . . . and mailed out . .
Hello my friend! I'm motoring right along with my St. Patrick's Day T-Shirt quilt. I took it off the frame a couple days ago and st...
Okay! Finally here is the sweatshirt jacket post :) I hope that you all like it. You can see a picture of my Halloween Jacket here and my...
It's GIVE-AWAY time! Now Closed To celebrate National Quilt Day I decided to hold a Give-Away!! I have the great pleasure to announ...
Happy March Break everyone! I haven't had much time to quilt for the past few days since my kids are off for March Break right now. It...