Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Free Standing Lace Ornaments and Yummy New Fabric

I am STILL finishing Christmas gifts!! When will I learn??

This is a picture of the Free Standing Lace (FSL) ornaments that I am making for my boys' teachers. I hope that they like them :) They are from Embroidery Library and they are the 3D Lace collection. Very nice don't you think?? They take a couple of hours to run on full speed each and I use a cotton pre-wound bobbin for both the top and the bottom thread so that they have a nice delicate look to them. I use Ultra Solvy as a stabilizer for them and I have never run into any problems.
I just had to show you a picture of the wonderful Hoffman pointsettia fabric that I got from my LQS at 50% off! I am such a sucker for Christmas prints and this one has everything that I like :) It's a nice bright red print with green and gold metallic so what's not t like?? I got 4 meters so that I could do lengthwise borders and put some in the blocks as well. It's not like I "need" another Christmas quilt but if one just started to appear out of my sewing machine I wouldn't be upset :) I mean really the guest bed needs one too doesn't it?

5 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Those lace ornaments are simple gorgeous - lucky teachers. Nice fabric too :)

Pam said...

The lace snowflakes are very nice - beautiful in fact! It's hard to believe that you made them on the sewing machine.

I love to collect the Christmas fabric too - esp. when it's 50% off.

Merry Christmas

Susan said...

Love the lace ornaments. The christmas fabric will make a beautiful focus fabric for a lot of different blocks. Have fun. Every bed needs its own Christmas quilt.

Angie said...

Now that I've found so many new blogging quilt buddies that are down on the ninth hour and still scrambling on getting those Christmas gifts done I don't feel so all alone! LOL I'm still at too, Katrina, so you have lots of company. :) All guest beds need a Christmas quilt--of course, my master bed needs one too LOL and I plan on making January my month to work on Christmas quilts! ROFL
Happiest of Holidays to you and yours.
Angie

Anonymous said...

Love the ornament and the fabric! I bet your son's teachers loved receiving those as gifts!

Happy New Year!
God bless :)

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...