Saturday, December 02, 2006

Garage Sale Find and Possible Sweatshirt Jacket

I am glad that you enjoyed the tour of my sewing room :) And, thank you for all your nice compliments. I am very lucky to have such a big bright room dedicated to my sewing. Now if I could just get it painted I will be really happy :)
A few years ago at a yard sale I found this incomplete quilt top. Well, I hate seeing something like this get tossed in the garbage and I thought that it might have some potential so I bought it for $o.50. The woman thought that I was nuts :) I think that she was selling someone elses stuff. I had no idea what I was going to do with it at the time but I figured that someday I would do something with it. Well yesterday I got the idea that this might make a pretty cool sweatshirt jacket. What do you think? Instead of completely cutting the jacket apart for this one I will just slit the sweatshirt under the arms to open it up and lay the quilt top on top and quilt it. It might just work. I think that I will put the neck hole right about in the center of the red in the middle and put the arms along a red line each. I have a black sweatshirt that I love that got some bleach on one of the arms so it would be a good candidate for this jacket. That way if it doesn't work out I would be out a lot of $$$ for this experiment. Anyways, am I nuts for even considering this or is it a good idea? I think that I need some validation here :)

6 comments:

Kim West said...

I think it would be cool!!

I would love to see it when it is done.

Joyce said...

I think it would be great. It is such an unusual and beautiful design. I am anxious to see how it turns out. I bought a thrift shop sweat shirt to try this technique on. Maybe a home for a couple of orphan blocks.

Susan said...

I say go for it! What a great idea. Someone did a lot of work on that, and you are benefitting. You'll have a one of a kind jacket that everyone will envy.

Patti said...

I think it sounds very doable - and a great way to use a sweatshirt that you might not wear again otherwise. You may just have yourself a designer, one-of-a-kind garment for next to nothing! Can hardly wait to see how it turns out.

Unknown said...

I think this will turn out great!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I think it would be stunning. Be sure to post a pic!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...