Wednesday, January 31, 2007

UFO finish #6 - tablerunner

Whoo Hoo! I finished another UFO today! This makes #6 so I am really pretty excited about this! Considering that I finished 6 UFO's and it is just the end of January I am really pretty happy.

This is the tablerunner that I made out of left-over log cabin blocks and using scraps from my scrap bin (or scrap heap as I call it). You can see the original post here. I am extra proud of this UFO because the backing and batting came out of the scrap heap too. I have no idea where i am going to put it but hey it is finished :)


Here is a close-up of the quilting that I did. I did a type of quilting called 1-2-3 in the backgrounds and the border. Andi aksed me to explain the 1-2-3 quilting pattern and it is sort of like this but tighter and closer together. Actually I would say that this link is it exactly. This is a link to Diane Gaudynski's book Quilt Savy on Amazon. look at the bottom area in purple. I hope that this explains things for you Andi.

Since the runner looked rather Egyptian to me I did a sort of palm frond sort of eye looking quilting in the log cabin blocks themselves. I just couldn't decide how to quilt this runner so I ended up leaving it for a while and I think that the break was very worthwhile. I was listening to a Podcast called "Driven to Quilt" and she talked about UFO's in one episode. She was talking about how sometimes you need to put them away for a while before you can finish them and how sometimes you just need to get rid of them. I think that this was one that I needed to put away for a while so that I could decide how to quilt it.

We have our quilt guild meeting tonight and it is the mini workshop night. I am teaching a little workshop on bobbin work. I hope that people like it. I am going to wear my DiggiBobbE jeans and show off my DiggiBobbE bag just so that I can show some bobbin work in a project. I am going to show free-motion bobbin work, using your decorative stitches, DiggiBobbE via the embroidery machine and free-motion DiggiBobbE. What do you think?

4 comments:

Lois R. said...

Gorgeous! and it is from the scrap heap? Looks great!

Lois R. said...

Gorgeous! and it is from the scrap heap? Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are certainly getting through your UFO's. YOu've given me a push to go and look in the cupboard and sort mine out.

Susan said...

What a great finish that is! I love the look of the runner.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...